Wednesday, May 9, 2012

FAITH NOT FEAR

 
                                                                           




      I desired to be an advocate writing for women's issues.   For some reason life keeps thrusting me into a plethora of  interesting subjects to reflect on as an outlet to continually help other women.  My latest is being told today I have a mass in my right breast very passively by a doctor who after a little speech, of how I need a biopsy, never came back in the room.  " WOW!", I thought.  This cannot be happening after all that I had been through.
    
      Any woman who has ever been on this journey is very much in tune to how devastating this process can be.  A million thoughts can race through your mind.  First and foremost, women often think about their children.  After the initial shock and onset of tears and a quick ride on the "emotional roller coaster of your life" you come to a conclusion it's truly faith not fear that will take you through this journey.  I had a feeling of peace come over me today after my initial shock.  Not once, but twice or more did I receive a peace that surpassed all understanding.  A feeling that everything would be okay.  God's Holy Spirit took control and made everything clear that this too would be well. 


    The most simplistic definition of faith is a belief that is not based on proof.  Matthew 17:20 and Luke 17:6 both states if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move mountains.  I know I have complete trust in God through Jesus to help me make it through whatever I have to learn on this journey. I just would like to inspire other woman to always trust and keep the faith no matter what you are told.  Having faith and not fear is the only way to make it through any struggle that life can drum up.

     I was going to keep this to myself and not disclose it because of  the stigma of women and breast cancer.  A big portion of our self-esteem as women is tied to our breast.  They are a big part of our sexuality. However, I was ordained to be transparent and  enhance women's lives.  That is exactly what I am going to do by sharing my story. I am going to document my path to help someone along the way.    As for treatment, I will have a biopsy done soon. Usually, these tumors are benign (non-cancerous).  See God is showing himself faithful to me already!!!

     As a writer, writer's-block can come upon any creative individual at any time.  This had been happening to me, quite often recently.  However, there is something called life which makes your creative flow,  undoubtedly the most surreal, inspirational experience ever. You see, since I was a child I always wanted to become a prolific writer.  I begged and pleaded with God to get me out of my 9-5 and let me become successful as a writer.  And he did!!! Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it!!!Peace and Blessings until next time.  






   

No comments:

Post a Comment