Thursday, May 3, 2012

"KEEP IT MOVING"




     As I prepare to embark on the journey of my life with the release of my first book,  I just would like to encourage women especially, no matter what keep life moving.  Don't let anything or anyone stop you from accomplishing your goals and dreams.  

     Life can be so harsh and cruel. Most times we are so broken from our experiences that we just give up.  However, we always have to keep it moving.  Meaning we have to continue to move forward and not become stagnant in life for any reason.   

     My book is entitled, "The Yellow Legacies."  It is about my experiences growing up as a child and situations I witnessed in my family home.  The color of the house was yellow.   However,  I actually wrote this in 2006.  Because of life's circumstances my dreams and desires were put on the back burner. I was so broken I had lost all hope in becoming a published author.  However, emerging from my situation recently as a much stronger individual, I now see the solution to many of my life circumstances.  It is simply when you feel like you have no more strength to go on, you must just place one foot in front of the other.   You must at all cost never stop striving for yourself and your children.   

     My next book is called, "The Purple Legacies."  An 8 Year Journey Through Emotional Abuse and How to Overcome.   My book is called,  "The Purple Legacies" because my favorite color is purple.   You see, purple in ancient times represented the finest and highest quality of material.  Anything consisting of the color purple was so expensive to make, only Kings and Queens could afford it.  Therefore, it represented a sign of royalty.  Everything in my kitchen in those nine awful years of my life were purple. My microwave,  toaster,  dishes,  pots and pans and even curtains and rugs all were a decorative purple.  No matter what hell I was put through anywhere else in the house, when I walked into my kitchen I was reminded that regardless of the negative situation I was still royalty. I was still a queen although I was not being treated like one.  It was the only thing that truly kept me going at times.

     Ecclesiastes 9:11 states,  For the race is not given to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but the one who endures to the end.  Simply put, "Keep it Moving!"  Peace and Blessings until next time. 






1 comment: