Sunday, February 10, 2013

"AT LEAST HE DIDN'T HIT ME" (a poem about emotional abuse)



When I look into the mirror, I have no scars so all I can say is,  "at least he didn't hit me."
Up all and every night arguing because I'm being accused of things I just don't do.

When I look in the mirror in the mornings I say to myself, "at least he didn't hit me."

Having a curfew for Holiday dinners with my family, coming back 15 minutes late and so the fights began holiday evenings.

And when I looked in the mirror in those evenings I say to myself, "at least he didn't hit me."

Lying in bed with tears in my eyes for the extreme lies told again and again saying to myself once again 

"At least he didn't hit me."

Fooling myself when unclaimed children were discovered or years of in the closet substance abuse issues and the hidden open empty bottles found a million times over

Now, numb, walking to the mirror saying at least................. but wait......................

When I looked in the mirror this time and saw Her, all I saw was scars all over Her

Scars that went deep into the soul

Black and blue marks that cut into the spirit

Scratches, Scrapes and puncture wounds right into the heart.

The ugliest sight I had ever seen and he never even laid a hand on me.

So thank you for never hitting me!


This is my poem that will be in my next book due to print in 90 days, "The Purple Legacies". As hard as it was to write and read it, it was that much harder to live it!  Therefore, this is the main reason I write and encourage women through my writings. You see this used to be my story, however if I keep encouraging women it does not have to be their story!For there is no journey of pain without purpose following! Keep it moving ladies! There is a brighter day ahead! Always!

With Love
Danica


                                                                       




No comments:

Post a Comment