Monday, February 18, 2013

TAKE THE "S" OFF MY CHEST



                                                                               



Ladies in 2013, please disregard "Superwoman Syndrome" as a thing of the past.   As for me when it comes to "Superwoman Syndrome" I am retired with benefits.  The benefits of knowing as a woman we do not have to do everything perfectly, just what is most important and what is most fulfilling for ourselves and families. Making reference to my 2009 post Superwoman vs Virtuous Woman, I just would like to re-iterate once again,  "ladies feel free to take the "S" off of your chest."  Simply meaning in 2013, know the difference between fulfilling the tasks that you have to do, compared to the tasks that you want to do. We as women recognize that we must leave room for the small insignificant moments in life.  Fully appreciating the small everyday things that we can often take for granted while trying to be Superwoman.

Have you notice we live in a world of every convenience possible. Yet and still, we are now more busy than ever before.  The lesson learned in this is the more we strive to become everything blue-printed for us to become as women, the more we sacrifice something else all the more important.  I am just saying that we as women are more than enough!   Continuously running from one task to another just to live up to this mythical image that completing everything on our daily "to-do list" as part of our womanhood is a complete lie. Simply completing what you do best is good enough!  Recruit help for all the other minute tasks.  Never be too proud to ask for assistance.

For example, yesterday I had to cook a full course meal, work, clean, wash an entire week's worth of dirty clothes and take care of a recovering flu-sick child while trying to update my blog.  As I looked around at this impending day of constant running, I became easily overwhelmed.  While closing my eyes to take several deep breaths, only then did it all become clear to me. I soon threatened my sixteen year old to clean-up, while  recruiting my "honey-do" to fry the tilapia we were having for dinner, while I simply concentrated on the sides.  With the spare time, I took care of the flu-ridden ten year old and finally started to update my blog for the week. Your whole entire family can be recruited to help with everyday tasks.

"Superwoman Syndrome" is fully alive and well in our society.  However, to keep your everyday sanity, always feel free to take the "S" off of your chest to be ever present for yourself as well as your loved ones. Until next time.  Peace and Blessings!

With Love
Danica



                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment